The answer is a big YES! Extra Virgin coconut oil has been used for centuries to give women and men shiny locks. However, we as users, often never really ask how or why it works. This short article hopefully sheds light on the matter. Below are the top reasons, based on medical tests and research, why coconut oil is good for that crowning glory of yours
1. LOW MOLECULAR WEIGHT - Because of coconut oil's lower molecular weight, compared to any other oil in the market, it can penetrate deep into the hair shaft to soften damaged hair and replenish essential proteins.
2. COCONUT OIL IS FILLED WITH ANTI-OXIDANTS - Coconut oil may reduce our need for vitamin E. Physiologist and biochemist Ray Peat, Ph.D. considers coconut oil to be a great antioxidant, due to its stability and resistance to oxidation and free radical formation. This means that Coconut Oil in itself helps prevent the development of free radicals on your skin/scalp which can cause wrinkles, skin damage and aging and it promotes healthy vessels which also makes for healthy scalp. Coconut oil is also anti-inflammatory which helps soothe any itchy or scaly portions of your skin/scalp.
3. NATURAL SUN PROTECTION - When applied directly to skin and hair Extra Virgin Coconut Oil creates a protective layer that can block over 20% of the sun's UVA and UVB rays. It also moisturizes the scalp making sure it stays moist and does not dry out.
4. ANTIBACTERIAL AND ANTI-FUNGAL PROPERTIES = HAIR GROWTH - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, this promotes scalp health which in turn, helps in hair growth. It also effectively improves scalp circulation and boost nutrient and oxygen delivery to your hair.. Although, it is not usually claimed to be medicinal in nature, we know that coconut oil's ability to provide a healthy scalp is the key to promoting and stimulating hair growth.
5. PROTECTION FOR HAIR STRANDS - The MCFA (Medium Chain Fatty Acid) in coconut oil, is smaller than regular oil and as such is easily absorbed by your scalp and hair strands. The fatty acid easily binds to the protein in hair and protect both the roots and strands of hair from breakage. Studies show that the Lauric acid which is found in coconut oil delivers better results in protecting hair than other mineral or sunflower oils when it comes to improving hair health.
In the end one can conclude that having Extra Virgin Coconut in your hair product is the best way to go if you want the best hair and scalp care that works!
HOW TO USE HEALTH+HARMONY HAIR AND SCALP SPRAY:
- To promote smoother and healthier hair
- Use your regular shampoo and conditioner, pat your hair dry and spray with Virgin Coconut Oil Nourishing Hair and Scalp Spray. Blow dry or Air dry and style as desired.
- To help with scalp health.
- Spray on scalp and rub in before your shower, rinse with lukewarm water (not hot or too warm).
- For sun and chemical protection
- Spray on dry hair or scalp before going into the pool or the beach. Re-apply as needed